Browning rifles consistently produce the most accurate shot groups in their class. This is due in large part to the quality of their barrels. The BAR is built around a hammer-forged barrel made in a thoroughly controlled and tested process.
The BAR relies on a gas piston design to operate its lightweight action. The gas piston design mitigates shooter-perceived recoil and reduces excessive carbon residue that other modern gas-impingement designs vent into the moving parts of the action. Like most modern sporting rifles, the BAR utilizes a multi-lug rotary bolt – a component that allows for a lightweight alloy receiver.
The BAR MK 3 feels and handles like the purpose-built hunting rifle it is – lightweight, quick to shoulder, and point. Add in the benefits of a well-designed semi-automatic, and you get quick follow-up shots and less perceived recoil than with your standard bolt-action hunting rifles.
- Receiver– Aircraft-grade alloy; Drilled and tapped for scope mounts; Mossy Oak Break-Up Country camouflage finish
- Barrel – Hammer-forged; Mossy Oak Break-up Country camouflage finish
- Action – Gas-operated autoloader; Multi-lug rotary bolt; Detachable box magazine; Composite trigger guard and floorplate; Crossbolt safety
- Stock – Composite; Mossy Oak Break-Up Country camouflage finish; Overmolded gripping panels; Shim adjustable for cast on/off and drop at comb
- Features – Sling swivel stud for bi-pod; QD swivel cups, swivels included